Friday, September 4, 2009

Ciao! It's Luke or if you live in Ferrara you may call me Lucca.




Here is a little pic from Venice, Lindsey and I took the train up there last weekend. It took

about an hour and cost 26 euros for the complete trip. Not bad for a trip to Venice.


Coming to Ferrara has been a trip of complete unknowns. Where would we live? How would the coaches and basketball be? Do they use toilette paper? etc. etc. Well everything has turned out to be similar to what we are used to, maybe just not as convenient as we are used to back in the states. We have a mall close by for shopping and they have the equivalent of a Walmart which makes everything pretty easy, the biggest adjustment so far is our power. We cant run the Washing machine and the oven at the same time without blowing a circuit. So before Lindsey starts cooking anything or we start washing anything we make sure to turn off all the lights and make sure nothing else is plugged in. Apparently, the gov't controls the power company and they only give each building a certain amount of power each month, and because august was an extremely hot month everyone had the air conditioners on alot causing an normal amount of power usage and alot of going downstairs to flip the breaker. I can't help but think if in 50 years I will be doing the same thing back home in the U.S. I hope not.
Anyways, I am really working hard and earning every red euros cent over here in practice. We are practicing twice everyday and its tough. I'm lucky that I have Linds to take care of me when I come home exhausted. And she is doing a good job of that.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an adventure. I hope that Jill and I can come over and visit you two while you're over there.
    It's gonna be a lot less than 50 years before they takeover LJ. At the current pace you won't recognize our country by the time you come home... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luke I'm glad you're posting on here too!

    It's fun to hear little stories about what it's like living there. Did you get to listen to or watch the Duck game yesterday?

    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete