I've been planning on making all Cole's baby food. Yesterday I started with making his rice cereal.
•3 cups of organic brown rice, cooked according to package directions
•12 ounces breast milk (or formula, whatever baby eats)
Place the cooked brown rice in a blender with the breast milk ( formula) Puree until completely smooth and free of any clumps. Pour the cereal into ice trays, cover and freeze overnight. Once frozen, pop the cubes out of the trays, place in a freezer bag or container, labeled with the date and return to the freezer. Lasts up to two months.
When ready to serve
Defrost the cubes, and add breast milk or formula to develop a smooth consistency. Serve luke warm.
Sure, store bought cereal is super cheap & also very easy to make...but I am convinced Cole can taste the love I put into my homemade version! If nothing else...there has been so many baby food & formula recalls lately (did you hear about the beatles in the similac??) , it's nice to know exactly what my lil man is eating.
Side note: Cole has been doing this super cute smile, where he sticks his tongue out to the side while he gives the biggest, cheesiest grin. I love it so much. I hope he never stops! I hope he is 20 & still smiling like that! I will try to capture it on camera so all of you can love it too!

Did you ever get beaba? LOVE mine!
ReplyDelete