Friday, September 30, 2011

our new normal

Well, we've been in Jerusalem for a little over two weeks now. I am just starting to feel like I'm finally recovered from jet lag and fully adjusted to the time zone change. Its amazing how long it really takes to get back to "normal".

It's still crazy we live in Jerusalem. Believe me, I never thought I'd say that.  I knew that Luke's basketball career would take us places....just never imagined it would be here. It is really amazing living in a city that means so much to my religion. It's surreal visiting places I've only read about in the Bible.
Garden of Gethsemane
 
 I know that life here will not always be easy. Living thousands of miles away from everyone you love is never easy.  But life is an adventure, especially our lives. We are going to do our best to soak up the experience and make the most of our time here in the Holy Land.

In other news...Cole is the proud owner of 4 new top teeth! He now has 6 teeth! With each tooth he gets he looks less like a baby, and more like a little boy.

He had a rough couple weeks because all 4 of those top teeth came in at once!! Now that they are in, he is back to his normal happy self. I think he likes it here in Israel. He is taking a couple steps by himself, but hasn't quite mastered walking yet. He loves to dance and he smiles all day long. He is looking more and more like Luke everyday. I still think he looks a lot like my older brother Adam too. He pretty much looks like Luke & Adam's love child.

We are so happy that we have a park across the street from where we live. Cole loves to go and watch the big kids play. You can tell he wishes he could run and jump like they can. Luke had the day off so we spent an hour playing in the sunshine. People were out BBQ'n and it was a gorgeous day. I could definitely get used to the weather here.




For a native English speaker as myself, Hebrew has got to be one of  the hardest languages. But Luckily, here in Jerusalem, they provide you with pictures too.  Clearly this sign is saying that dogs are welcome to poop in the park. right?













And now its naptime for all 3 of us.


5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, we miss you guys and I can't wait to visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Love seeing you and the Holy City, and hearing your thoughts on it all. Please keep posting pictures and writing. It feels good to keep in touch as much as possible. We all miss you a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. Hannah & I enjoy keeping up so we'd be stoked to be part of your private crew(jonathan.riddle@gmail.com, hannahriddle81@gmail.com). Also, find us on Skype sometime, my user name is jrid17 and Hannah's is hannah.riddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction, Hannah's Skype is hannahriddle81

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I LOVE these pics! I'm so happy to see you guys all doing well :) Nina is looking at this blog with me, and believe it or not, she smiled and got all excited when she saw your pics of Cole (I was reminding her of his name) hahaha. She's a good little friend! haha :) We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete