Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Blogging machine
I am unstoppable at this blogging thing recently.
Today I made some all-purpose cleaner and thought I'd share my "recipe"
I've always tried to eat organically, but when I became pregnant my doctor in Italy convinced me to start cleaning organically.
Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
Equipment
Spray bottle
Ingredients
2 T.white vinegar (only distilled white vinegar)
1 t Borax
Hot water
3 drops of a castile soap
3 drops of essential oil (Lavender, Orange, Rose etc…. .I like peppermint)
Directions:In a 16 oz. spray bottle add vinegar, borax and half hot water.
Swish around until borax has dissolved.
Add the drops of castile soap and fill the rest of the bottle with hot water.
Add the essential oil and shake.
At first I wasn't sure if vinegar could get the job done. Turns out it kills most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. Works great, smells great, and it's all natural.
Happy cleaning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this Lindsey :) I switched to natural cleaning products a few years ago too and I have been so happy with it. It feels great to mop your floors... and then moments later your baby's hands and fingers are all over it afterwards and you've cleaned it with something that's practically edible. And you're right it cleans so well! I pretty much use a combo of vinegar and water with a little lemon on everything, but I missed all the great scents from my old cleaning products lately. I'm totally gonna try this one! Thanks for sharing :) <3
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteYou really are a blogging machine lately!
ReplyDeleteOk, so where do I buy castille soap?
Jill
Market of choice has it in Eugene, any natural food store!
ReplyDelete