Its Sunday and we are off to a slow start. By slow start I mean still
In our pajamas at 3pm kinda day. Luke had an early morning shoot around and is now taking a nap before his game tonight. Cole is in his normal "Barney trance". He doesn't sit still for anything but when Barney comes on his whole world stops. There is something about that purple dinosaur that puts some sort of spell on my kid. The show is on every day but they only play the exact same 4 episodes on repeat. Luke and I have all the annoying songs memorized. We always catch each other singing them throughout the day. It's pretty funny to hear Luke sing, "I love you, you love me..."
I've been on a big health kick lately. Im not eating ANYTHING that's unnatural or processed. I have no idea how long I will keep it up, especially with Christmas coming. (might be hard considering cakeballs are probably not the healthiest...) I'm looking at it as more of an experiment to see if it has positive effects on my mood and energy levels. I've always tried to eat organic and all natural when I can, just never been this strict about it! Luckily I have found a ton of organic options and the produce here is amazing.
The last time I made tacos I was reading the ingredients in the seasoning packets. I decided I was going to never buy it again because
1. It's easy to make and
2. Seasoning packets have MSG and other preservatives that I can do without.
Today i made Luke taco soup and made the seasoning from scratch by following this recipe... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/detail.aspx
This is a also good article on the diet of the middle east.
http://thefoodfarce.com/2011/08/04/the-mediterranean-pristine-beaches-and…arteries/
Heather and Joey come in a couple weeks and we are really excited! It will be nice to break up the monotony of everyday life here. The team delivered our Christmas tree and Luke, Cole and I decorated it as a family. Actually Cole was trying to sabotage the decorating. He didn't quite understand why we were putting balls on the tree when they belonged in the hoop!
I will leave you with a pic of our Christmas tree and one of my cute boy that Anastasia took.


Cole is such a happy boy! Always smiling and he smiles with his eyes. He is so loved and he knows it! Is Cole singing yet? I'd like a video of a trio of you all singing Barney songs please! :) Love you.
ReplyDelete